Tourism and activities around Wissembourg
The town of Wissembourg
What to do in Wissembourg
Verdant forests, a bountiful vineyard, beautiful countryside...
Wissembourg is nestled snugly at the foot of the Vosges mountains in Alsace.
The passage of time has engraved this historical town with a unique charm, creating a picturesque setting that is just waiting to be discovered...
- Located just 40 minutes from Strasbourg
- Visit the St Pierre and Paul abbey church, dating from the 13th century, the second biggest after Strasbourg Cathedral
- Go on a guided visit of Wissembourg, the town where Stanislas Leszcynski, a former king of Poland, whose daughter Maria married Louis XV, sought exile
- Go for a walk along the ramparts, designed by Vauban in the 13th century
- Take a trip on the tourist train (from April to October)
- Enjoy the open-air town swimming pool during the summer
For more information, please visit: www.ot-wissembourg.fr
Activities in the Bas-Rhin and Northern Vosges area
Tourist attractions in the surrounding area
- Visit the Maginot line www.lignemaginot.fr
- Discover the picturesque villages with their magnificent half-timbering and geraniums (Seebach, Hunspach, Steinseltz, Hoffen,...)
- Visit the wine cellar and sample their vintages in Cleebourg
- Discover the Roman route of fortified castles
- Visit Strasbourg, the capital of Europe (40 minutes away by car)
- Go for a walk or mountain bike ride in the Northern Vosges Natural Park, listed as one of UNESCO’s World Biosphere Reserves.
- Visit the potters’ villages and workshops (Betschdorf, Souflenheim, etc.)
- Visit the museums: the Museum of Shelter in Hatten, the Rural Museum in Kutzenhausen and the Petroleum Museum in Merkwiller
- Go for a walk along the vineyard and woodland paths in neighbouring villages
Wissembourg events calendar